God led Pastor Herb Shaffer to plant a church in the South Hills. Below is a brief timeline of some milestones in the church’s history.
- March 24, 1991: New Song Community Church holds its first worship service.
- 1991- 2005: New Song meets at the Fort Couch Middle School in Upper St. Clair for Sunday worship services since it does not have its own facility.
- 2003: With the help and generosity of the church community, New Song purchases its own church home at 4767 Library Rd, Bethel Park, PA 15102.
- 2003 – 2005: Extensive renovations are made to transform the facility into a church. The cost to have all the work done by contractors would have crushed the church financially. In response, the New Song family and other congregations volunteer their time and talent. Renovations include renovating the first floor, paving the parking lot, and developing the land.
- April 30, 2006: New Song dedicates its new facility and property.
- 2007: New Song continues to expand its focus on transforming lives and reaching others with the message of God. New Song opens its doors to Bountiful Blessings and a Hispanic church service, Nuevo Cantar.
- 2010: New Song opens its doors for the facility to be used by the National Alliance for Mental Health (NAMI) support group, Grace Wellness Center, and others. Additional improvements are made to the church facilities including updates to the second floor, the nursery, and construction of an outdoor shed.
- 2011 – 2016: New Song continues to grow and reach others with the word of God, while making additional improvements to the facility.
- 2020 – 2021: During the pandemic brought on by COVID-19, New Song offers worship services. In-person services are complemented by expanded capabilities for online services.
- Present: New Song continues to move forward and spread the good news of Jesus.